Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Non-weight loss goals

I used to be like: "Do a proper push up? Me? Chea, alright!!"
When I first started out, my main goals were to live healthier (being able to make healthier choices) and lose weight. But as time progressed and I started seeing results in every way possible, my focus shifted. I started getting stronger, fitter, my stamina has increased tremendously. Instead of focusing on weight loss, I set other amazing goals for myself:
  1. When I started, I couldn't do a single push-up on my toes. Sure I could do tons of reps on my knees, but holding a plank was already shit for me. As weeks progressed and I lifted more and more, I (obviously) got stronger. I loved noticing how not only my endurace increased, my strength did too. Before I knew it, I could do 3 push-ups on my toes, then 6. My goal now is to be able to do 15 push-ups full on. I don't have a deadline set, because I simply don't know how long it is going to take.
  2. Just being able to wear whatever I want! I love shopping for clothes, but I can tell you it is terrible when the first thought on your mind is: is that going to fit me? How is that going to look on me? I am tired of that. Even though I can shop at normal stores and don't have to look in the plus-size department 90% of the time, I am not always happy what clothes look like on me, simply because I imagine them looking different.
  3. Long-term goal: being able to run 5k. I know this is a goal that is nowhere in the near future. I can hardly do intervals for 3km. I have pretty good stamina, but somehow, running has never been my thing. I want to start off slowly and see how far I get. 5k would be great. The only problem I have: I just can't be bothered running when it is cold. My nose gets runny 3 minutes in.
  4. To prove people wrong. I am sure that there are people that are doubting me. Yes, I have tried losing weight many different ways. Some with success, some without, but I have always gained the weight right back. I am going to be honest and say that anything I have ever tried was terrible. Unhealthy, for my body and for my mind. Therefore, I am now doing it the healthy way. The way you're supposed to do it, if you want long-term results. It is a lifestyle change, for real. I will show people that this is the best way. Not the only way, but the best way.
  5. Hiking up Runyon Canyon is probably the biggest goal I could accomplish. Every time I go to LA, I want to hike up here. It is the most amazing spot in LA (or so I have been told). It is quite a tough hike but at the top, the view is absolutely priceless. I think when I get to the top I will feel like I have reached the ultimate dream :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly where run canyon is in LA, but when you get the chance it is also well worth it to hike up the hill to the observatory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We already did that, hiking in Griffith Park ;) Observatory is my favorite place in LA.

      Delete